Monday, October 19, 2009

vendor's night!!

I just got back from vendor's night at the Knitting Guild! Very exciting. Eight tables of alpaca, cashmere and merino in every colour and colour combo known to knitter. Meet the new members of the stash. I didn't buy anything hand dyed - actually it's all pretty boring. But I scored some great deals on some great yarns. So here is yarn number 1:


It's two balls of the yarn that I need to finish this vest. It was good that they were there because I haven't seen this yarn at any yarn store. So now I have no excuse for not knitting the vest.


Yarn number 2 is 8 balls of Soft Tweed. I got it at 5 bucks a ball, and with no tax. It's $12 normally! It's going to become a vest. My goal is to make a vest that doesn't look hippie/gypsy-ish, unlike the vest that I made last year. It's made out of super bulky weight, rainbow colored wool. I like it a lot, but it can contribute to some very hippie/gypsy looking outfits. And don't get me wrong, I love the hippie/gypsy look but I would like to have a vest I could wear into town. Like outside clothes. I mean outside my property clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment