Saturday, October 17, 2009

do I have to give it a title?

Today I went to the Ashton store, witch is not only a yarn store but also a little general store (it's been a general store since 1851) so my dad was sufficiently occupied with a news paper. they only have a corner of yarn and knitting stuff, but they have lots of great stuff. Aka, fiddlesticks kitting, louet and fleece artist and some other brand of yarn I have never heard of. Now let me show you the haul.
Ok I got two skeins of yarn, not much of a haul. I'm saving my money for the vendors night at the knitting guild. Anyways I got 1 skien of louet gems sport wight (left) and 1 skein of hand-dyed fleece artist Merino 2/6 .
Here's a close-up of the merino 2/6
Here's the gems. I think Im going to make socks out of the gems and the merino 2/6 is going to be a scarf.
In other knitting news, I picked this up the other day
It's a lopi sweater for me. I've been working on it for a few years now, and I completely abandoned last winter (you can only work on it in the winter, would you what to have all that wool on your lap in the summer?) but I think I'll finish it this year.

I started it a few years ago and I just started the first sleeve. It's going well. I also just started this:
its halcyon and the yarn is fiddlesticks knitting Zephyr Laceweight Wool-Silk that I dyed. It's turning out better that I thought.

1 comment: