EDIT: Since the link for the pattern has died (it's dead Jim) I am posting the pattern here:
- 1 50 gr ball of Needful Yarns Kim (discontinued). Each trilobite takes about half a 50 gr ball so use whatever scraps you have.
- 4 3.25mm DPNs (use whatever needles give you a firm gauge with the yarn that you are using, usually 1-2 sizes below the recommended needle size on the ball band)
- Crochet hook in whatever size needle you used
- Darning needle
- 3 stitch markers
- Small amount of fibrefill or yarn scraps
- Catnip and bell (if you are making a cat toy)
Any gauge will do just as long as it is firm enough so that the filling doesn't show through.
Cast on 6 sts, pm marking beginning of round
(K1, m1, pm, K1, m1, K1) 2 times - 10 sts
(K2, m1, K1, m1, K2) 2 times - 14 sts
(K3, m1, K1, m1, K3) 2 times – 18 sts
(K4, m1, K1, m1, K4) 2 times – 22 sts
(K5, m1, K1, m1, K5) 2 times – 26 sts
(K6, m1, K1, m1, K5) 2 times – 30 sts
P7, K1, P14, K1, P7 for 2 rows
K the next 2 rows
Repeat this pattern 5 times
P6, K3, P12, K3, P6 for 2 rows.
K5, P1, K3, P1, K10, P1, K3, P1, K5 for 2 rows
K5, P2tog, K1, P2tog, K10, P2tog, K1, P2tog, K5 – 26 sts
K5, P3tog, K10, P3tog, K5 – 22 sts
ssk, K7, K2tog, ssk, K7, K2tog – 18 sts
ssk, K5, K2tog, ssk, K5, K2tog – 14 sts
Antenna (make 2)
Using crochet hook ch 7. Break yarn and pull through loop.
Stuff him to desired firmness, than graft the head. Sew the antenna to the top of head. Weave in ends.